How does the design process work?
We follow a simple and straightforward process:
1. We discuss your requirements, by phone, email or in person (or a combination of the above) until we feel that we have reached a shared vision for your website and a real understanding of your business, its operations and its aims.
2. You provide any content that you wish to include initially (text, images, product descriptions).
3. We produce a visual mock-up of the main pages (homepage, internal page, shop pages if applicable) and give you an opportunity to request amendments to the design, before it’s turned into a website.
4. We build the website on a hidden subdomain (e.g. dev.yourwebsite.com) and submit it for your approval.
5. Once you are 100% happy, we launch the website and submit it to search engines.
It’s really as simple as that.
How long will it take you to build my website?
We work as fast as we can. The exact time it takes depends on several factors: how complex your website is, how quickly we reach a mutual agreement on the design, how soon you can provide all the content to be included, and whether we are working on any other projects at the same time.
We try to give as accurate an estimate as possible before the work begins, and we rarely go over the given time frame. We always do our best to complete the work in a timely fashion and to notify clients of any delays.
Can I request changes to the design?
It’s normal for clients to have a change of heart about the look or features of their website. We realise this and we try our best to accommodate. Where possible, we ask that changes are requested at the design stage (see Question 1, Step 3) as it’s much easier to modify a visual mock-up than a partially or fully built web template.
If changes are requested once the design has already been approved and the template build has started, we will look at the request and work out what it involves. In most cases our clients only request minor changes, which we are happy to apply free of charge. In the rare cases where the changes are substantial and require a complete re-work, we may need to charge for the work at our standard rate of £30 per hour. This will be fully quoted before the changes are carried out.
Why do you no longer offer hosting?
Withdrawing our hosting services was not an easy decision to make. Our aim has always been to deliver all services our clients might require, in order to simplify the process of building their website.
Unfortunately over the years we came to realise that this was neither financially viable for us, nor in our clients’ best interest.
We cannot compete with the cheap hosting packages offered by larger companies, without compromising on the features and security of our own packages – something we are simply not prepared to do.
Additionally, hosting involves a lot of additional work: software updates, backups, security patches, dealing with server problems and hacking attempts, as well as responding to daily enquiries about setting up email, or unlocking hosting and email accounts that have unwittingly got themselves locked out.
As WebRightNow is run by a single freelance designer (read more) this was simply not viable and often left clients without an adequate level of support. Again, we were not prepared to accept that.
Instead, we prefer to help our clients set up their hosting with reliable partners, who can offer the best value for money and 24/7 support. We believe this serves our customers better, and leaves us free to work on making their websites look stunning and work perfectly.
Why should I spend hundreds on a website when I can get a free one from Wix or Weebly?
The old saying “there’s no such thing as a free lunch” very much applies here. Sadly no one these days gives anything away truly for free. Wix, Weebly and the like are no exception.
Let’s go through some of the reasons why you should never waste your time with these services.
1. Most of the so-called free website builders will not allow you to link your own custom domain, at least not on their free plans. So you will be stuck with a long, unprofessional looking subdomain like yourusername.wixsite.com/yoursite, which in effect is free advertising for them and makes your URL very hard to remember. And think how it diminishes a business’s image in the eyes of prospective clients.
The other disadvantage of a free subdomain is that if your website starts to do well and you later decide to transfer it to a custom domain, you will lose any SEO reputation you have built up, because free website builders don’t allow 301 redirects (a way to tell search engines that web pages have moved elsewhere).
We can link any custom domain to your website, and if you decide to change domain at any point, we offer a 301 redirect service, meaning you don’t lose your search engine rankings.
2. Your “free” website will display intrusive adverts on all of your pages. Again, very unprofessional looking and bound to irritate your visitors. A professional website built by us has no adverts whatsoever.
3. Their templates offer very few choices for customisation. No matter what you do, they will always look like cheap, generic templates. They will not reflect what you and your business are about – unlike a bespoke website built by ourselves.
4. Want to add eCommerce to your free website further down the line? In most cases this will simply not be an option and you will need to start from scratch on a different platform.
We can integrate eCommerce at any point, because all our websites are flexible and scalable.
5. How much do you value your own time? It may surprise you to hear that a large proportion of our clients turn to us after spending weeks or months trying to build a “free website”, only to realise that they can’t get it to look the way they want, no matter how much time they spend on it.
In most cases, it’s not their fault. Their vision simply cannot be achieved with free website builders: they just don’t offer a high enough level of flexibility. They are designed to stop people “messing things up”, so they are simplified and effectively “locked” to such an extent, that you can never quite get them to look the way you want.
With a professional, bespoke website built by WebRightNow, the limit is your own imagination. Tell us what you are trying to achieve, and we’ll make it happen. Seen a cool website that does something you like? Show us, and we’ll replicate it on your own website. In most cases, we’ll improve it.
And most importantly, you’ll save yourself countless hours of frustrating work wasted on a website builder, hours that can be dedicated to running your business.
Ok I’m sold, how do I get the ball rolling?
Great! Just get in touch with Glauco, briefly explain your requirements if you wish, or let him know when to ring you for a no commitment, no pressure chat about your website. We look forward to working with you.